Re: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Patrick Greenwell
  • Date: Tue Mar 13 14:52:16 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> It is stupid and irresponsible to setup a new DNS root. End of story, read
> 2826.

Is this some scripture to quote? :-)

> And.. if you let new.net do it then every other capitalist in the world
> will start doing it and then the Internet will become disfunctional, and
> what will that achieve?

I think that you would find that capitalists tend towards effective market
solutions(that is in fact why most of them are capitalists.)

> Stick to the single root, stand firm on this policy and new.net wont get
> far!

Suddenly, I feel like I should be grabbing your hand and engaging in a
rousing rendition of "Kumbayah my lord."

Rather you or myself like it or not, given the existence of a player
that has the capital to make this idea go, the market now has an
opportunity to decide for itself.

Perhaps next you might wish to stamp your feet and threaten to hold your
breath until they go away?