RE: new.net

  • From: Ian Cooper
  • Date: Fri Mar 09 20:07:30 2001

At 16:48 3/9/2001 -0800, Mike Batchelor wrote:
It's all TBL's fault for inventing a URL format that puts the domain name
right in front of the user.  Hide the browser's location bar somehow, and
all these problems go away, no matter what strings are used at whatever
level.

I say we storm the W3C to make them pay for their sins.  Or better yet, make
them run the registries, that'll show 'em. :)
I think you'll find that TBL has, on several occasions, commented that he never intended for URLs (or HTML for that matter) to be presented to or handled by humans.