Re: new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

  • From: Miles Fidelman
  • Date: Wed Mar 07 16:42:49 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Rich Sena wrote:

> I can personally attest that VC's do not do any research when doling out
> the guappa...

It really depends on the VC. The old line (read as successful) VCs do a
LOT of due diligence. The problem (or opportunity) is that there's an
awful lot of money chasing a small number of really well put together
startups. So... a lot of money either sits in T-bills or gets invested in
ill-advised places.

Miles

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
[email protected]	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"