One ISP is working to solve problems in seattle

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Mar 01 05:37:55 2001

Actually, one ISP did inform customers there may be some issues
accessing their network in the Seattle area.

   Attention:

   Due to the earthquake in Washington State, some of our AT&T customers
   in Washington State may experience difficulties trying to access AT&T
   WorldNet Services.  Our network engineers are working on this issue
   and will have the service available shortly.

   4:55PM EST, 2/28/01

I suspect the difficulties are identical to the difficulties being
experience by all customers of all ISPs in the region.  But instead of
sticking their fingers in their ears, and saying no one reported any
problem (probably because the same problems prevents customers from
reaching the customer service numbers to report the problem), ATT started
working on problems before customers report them.