  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Mar 01 04:53:57 2001

It seems the biggest impact of the Seattle earthquake on the Internet
was the brief unreachability of the KOMO-TV Station and Seattle Times
web sites.

No telecommunications companies report any reported network problems,
although some reported they were on generator power for a short time.

Abovenet/mfn
ATT
Genuity
Internap
Sprintlink
Verio
Verizon
Worldcom/uunet/mfs/etc

The Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX) appeared unaffected.  I don't know
the current status of either either the NIX or the SNNAP.  I have out-dated
URL's for them.

I especially liked the part where the reporter could only reach the
telephone spokepeople via e-mail at first because the phone lines were
so overloaded.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/quake_techstatus010228.html
http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/local/telcom01.shtml