Re: Covad SUCKS!

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Wed Feb 28 19:12:27 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:54:41PM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> MHSC has been down since 7Feb01 and Covad is the culprit
> [...]
> We are not large, MHSC cannot afford an $80K+ revenue hit, and that's not
> counting the suits for failure to meet SLA.

I'm no bean counter, but if you're losing this much money from a
xDSL-related outage, perhaps it might be a good idea to invest in a
carefully-planned redundant infrastructure, including some means of
backup transit.

This is by no means a revolutionary concept, and may very prevent
businesses from becoming defunct businesses in extreme cases like
this.

Some might argue that DSL (other than that which is provisioned by the
ILEC or another party with deep pockets) is going away sooner or
later, or at the very least, undergoing drastic changes in the way
it's marketed and aggregated.  But that's beyond the scope of this
discussion.

Sorry if this isn't the message of sympathy you were hoping for.

-adam