Re: Next NANOG

  • From: Lucy E. Lynch
  • Date: Wed Feb 28 11:28:27 2001

Alex -

We did the one in Eugene for under 10k, but we're a University
with lots of personnel in place - and student bodies to throw
at the thing.

Our big costs were US West curcuits into the hotel (6xT1 - we could have
gotten away with 4xT1) and cable - we had lenghts cut to fit the table
layout in the ballroom. We had switches & such on hand, and we "borrowed"
terminal room machines from one of the student labs -

Everyones starting resource base is different, so take this with
a grain of salt -

My notes from our event can be found here:

http://pythia.uoregon.edu/~llynch/hosting.html
http://pythia.uoregon.edu/~llynch/nanog16.html

This was a great event for the UO - and a LOT of work, as I'm
sure any of the other recent hosts could tell you.

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
[email protected]		(541) 346-1774
Cell: (541) 912-7998			[email protected]