Re: reverse Traceroute

  • From: Matt Zimmerman
  • Date: Wed Feb 28 04:00:21 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:49:15AM -0800, Miller, Scott wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:59:20 -0500
> > From: Matt Zimmerman <[email protected]>
> > Subject: Re: reverse Traceroute
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 08:34:26AM -0800, Matthew Schlegel wrote:
> >
> > > I agree.  Very cool.  Now we just need to get guys like google and
> > > msn to put a client or two in their web farms so that those of us
> > > with users to deal ("I can't get to MSN, your network is broken")
> > > with can trace to and from their farms directly...
> >
> > If only it didn't require running untrusted, binary code with superuser
> > privileges.
>
> This is exactly why the source to tltrace is freely available for download
> and public review.
>
> http://www.traceloop/download/tltrace-0.91b-1.src.tar.gz

Thanks for the pointer.

Where is this linked from the www.traceloop.com site?  I can't find it.  Also,
why is the version number different from the binary archive
(traceloop-0.12a.tar.gz)?  It might be a good idea to provide a link to this
archive in the introductory email, for those of us who aren't running
Linux/i386.  You might even get some help in the way of portability fixes.

--
 - mdz