Re: Warning: Cisco RW community backdoor.

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Mon Feb 26 22:05:25 2001

	I was told by Cisco it should be RW.  (To override the builtin
one).

	I never ran a test w/ RO so was speaking from that
data.

	If you get some message about the "community/party" exists
or something like that, put this in:

no snmp-server view *ilmi

	It doesn't get saved in the config, so if you machine generate
your nvram:startup-config, you're ok, if you do not, you will
need to re-add it each time you reboot.

	- Jared