Re: DS3 Ordering Experiences

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Fri Feb 23 10:19:14 2001

At 12:39 AM 2/23/2001 -0500, Steve Sobol wrote:
Martin Hannigan wrote:

> It took me awhile, but the part about being the squeaky wheel is very true and
> accurate. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

So who's the best at meeting their deadlines, amongst the big guys?

I suspect that, to a certain extent, your assessment will be true of any
backbone.

Yes. I don't think you can depend on a tier 1 carriers FOC, unless of course
you have a large deal like an OC12 worth of bandwidth and you build in an exit
if they don't make the date, or liquidated damages.

My 6 week OC12 was with I guess what you might call a next generation carrier,
although I'm really not sure if that's the proper phrase. I would consider Level 3 a
next gen, but in this case it's GNAPS, and I'm not really sure what they are.

Whatever they are, they're good.

-M

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                    [email protected]
Fugawi Networks                    Engineering