Re: Beer and Gear surprise

  • From: abha
  • Date: Thu Feb 22 12:36:02 2001

> I disagree.  Read my other post.  The charter defines membership.  Of course
> it is entirely too broad.  As I interpret it, if you are a network operator,
> researcher or vendor, you may be a member of NANOG.

Right, it is a broad definition.

> The charter does not define community, only membership.

Maybe it isn't clear enough to you, but if you read the charter and the
addendum, it is the case that membership == community.   There isn't a
"membership" in the sense of paying dues, etc.  This goes back to the days
of the regional techs meetings and the whole point of NANOG...

Okay, now i'm done... :)

-abha ;)