RE: Access Control

  • From: Brad
  • Date: Thu Feb 22 03:41:42 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Mark Radabaugh wrote:

> > Does anyone use Proximity sensors to allow a magnetic keycard to unlock the
> > doors of their facilities ?
> >
> > If so, what brand ?  What software do you run behind it ?  Will it work with
> > Windows 2000 Domain controllers to provide seamless entry / exit across a
> > nationwide network ?
> >

> Maybe - but how are you going to unlock the door to reboot the server?

I agree with Mark..  I would not recommend puting all
physical access in the hands of a OS which may require
physical access to fix.  For that matter- Check other
options.  I know there are a few card-readers/key-code
combo solutions out there which have their own built in
'authentication' system.

> :-)
>
> Mark

---