Re: Beer and Gear surprise

  • From: Daniel L. Golding
  • Date: Wed Feb 21 22:08:52 2001

There is an easy solution here. If folks are really incensed about the
lack of vendor goodies and/or the level of excitement on certain panels,
they can:

1) Volunteer to speak at future NANOG meetings on stuff they feel is more
exciting

2) Provide feedback on the survey

3) Buy Merit and run it themselves

4) Turn NANOG into a membership organization run by an elected board.

I suggest #1 and #2. If you have lots of money, you could always try
#3. #4 is intrigueing, but I doubt the collective will to accomplish it,
particularly as this issue is a dearth of vendor supplied undergarments,
which, while tragic, is not exactly the sort of cause that folks would
rally around.

Daniel Golding                           NetRail,Inc.
"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"