Re: Beer and Gear surprise

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Wed Feb 21 13:45:30 2001

> Anybody who has been to other NANOGs should have a lifetime
> supply of t-shirts by now.
>
> Technically, I think "gear" is a reference to network hardware.

The purpose of the Beer and Gear is for the vendors to send members of
their engineering teams to have technical conversations with NANOG
meeting attendees. As has been noted, there are plenty of other venues
where you can go to oooh and aaah over hardware; NANOG would like to
differentiate itself by being a forum for the exchange of technical
information. It would seem to me to be possible to do that without
having the latest piece of iron to lean on, but certainly that is an
opinion others might not share.

Have you noted your opinion on the survey form?

Stephen