Re: Network for Sale

  • From: Troy Corbin
  • Date: Tue Feb 20 11:57:19 2001

John-

Calm down and cut Jay some slack. Everyone is guilty at one time or
another of letting their Marketing Dept get the best of them. For example,
Enterzone/EZ-Hosting seems to have been bitten by the same bug. Im not
sure if you have seen the Enterzone website lately, but there are claims
of having "Cisco 7500 series routers " and various "Cisco switch" models.
After a few quick show versions from your stats.cmh-ix.net and
nitrous.enterzone.net, I have found the following:

Zebra 0.89a (i686-pc-linux-gnu).
Copyright 1996-2000, Kunihiro Ishiguro.
Border-Core0-BGP
(border AND core all in one box? Neat! Some people try to separate their
border from their core from their edge from their aggregation boxes, but
this is an interesting idea... Put it all on one RedHat box running Zebra)

Zebra 0.90 (mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu).
Copyright 1996-2000, Kunihiro Ishiguro.
CMH-IX_Route_Server-1

Zebra 0.90 (mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu).
Copyright 1996-2000, Kunihiro Ishiguro.
CMH-IX_Route_Server-2

Those dont look to be Cisco 75xx routers to me. BTW, how is the HP
ProCurve holding up?

Trying 209.115.127.22...
Connected to 209.115.127.22.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-1.5-1.2.27

Time to upgrade that SSH rev on the "border-core-0" John. Check out
Securityfocus or packetstorm to see the vulnerabilities that are public in
your current operational rev of SSH.

-troy

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, John Fraizer
wrote:

> To EVERYONE who has contacted me offlist regarding my being so hard on
> Jay:

< trifling message chopped...>