Re: Network for Sale

  • From: Mike Hughes
  • Date: Tue Feb 20 11:17:44 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On the same breath, why aren't people using route-servers at NAPs?

We had a route-server at LINX. However, they were taken down because of
lack of interest. People just wanted to manage their own BGP config, and
didn't go for a third party being in the loop in a big way.

A RIPE NCC RIS collector box has now taken the place of the route server
at LINX, and as I recall, more people peer with that than they did the
route server.

Mike