Re: Systemic problems at Verizon

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sat Feb 17 02:22:04 2001

Jason Slagle wrote:

> Haven't had any DSL related problems here in Toledo, OH except the
> "Database Mismatch, no DSL available" to customers that could hit the CO
> with rocks.

Try provisioning in Cleveland for a month.

> ISDN is still in the pits though.  The kind folk there in Ameriwreck's
> repair department have no record of my ISDN at all.  They are opening
> tickets on blank records.
>
> Of course the BILLING records are fine though.

I've never, ever had trouble with Ameritech ISDN, from the time I first had
it installed back in 1998 to when it was shut down and replaced with
1.0MB SDSL last November (yummy!)

Well, actually, when I moved from Cleveland Heights to Euclid, the ISDN
line in the apt building here proved to be unable to receive incoming calls,
and they checked the line and couldn't find a problem with it. But since I
never wanted to receive incoming calls on my ISDN line, I didn't care and
didn't bother with any further attempts to fix the problem.

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net