RE: Systemic problems at Verizon

  • From: Charles Scott
  • Date: Fri Feb 16 13:14:07 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Aaron Moreau-Cook wrote:

> Our T1 in New York has been down at least 5 times this year (2001), all
> because the tech shows up and doesn't hear a dial tone so he pulls the pair
> for a new phone line (there is a shortage of copper into this building).

Aaron:
  Hmmm, nearly once a week! That's almost a record.
  If those are puchdowns then they should be soldered anyway. Techs will
be unlikely to try using one that's been soldered.
  Also, if you're in a building with other tennants, then you should
locate wherever you circuits appear in the building and tag them yourself
with something that's real obvious. Go put on your tool belt, grab your
"butt-set" and dig in there like you own the place.

Good luck,

Chuck