RE: Systemic problems at Verizon

  • From: Aaron Moreau-Cook
  • Date: Fri Feb 16 12:41:31 2001

Our T1 in New York has been down at least 5 times this year (2001), all
because the tech shows up and doesn't hear a dial tone so he pulls the pair
for a new phone line (there is a shortage of copper into this building).

Our longhaul carrier, Level 3, almost always calls me back laughing because
they show how many tickets have been open on this T1 ... always the same
problem.

We make fiber bright orange, should T1 copper be a different color too??

Having this many outages on a T1 has almost pushed me to ordering DSL for a
good laugh.