Re: Systemic problems at Verizon

  • From: Travis Pugh
  • Date: Fri Feb 16 08:56:02 2001

In Boston, 80% of our new Verizon ADSL installs went straight from Verizon
signing off on them into a trouble ticket and back to the carrier.  We
stopped advertising the service entirely because they were unable to
deliver it.

DSL isn't their only problem, though.  They still have chronic capacity
shortfalls in the Boston metro area, too.

This is not the kind of service record you want to see when the state PUC
has recently passed on approval for Verizon LD service to the FCC.

-travis