Re: Using unallocated address space

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Feb 15 17:23:51 2001

On Thu, 15 February 2001, Alan Hannan wrote:
>   In this scenario you outline, combined with your proposal of
>   a registry announcing 'black-holing routes' -- what compels
>   the ISP to accept and act upon the routing announcement?
>
>   And how does this different situation protect them from the
>   lawsuits you suggest below?

What "compels" ISPs to filter 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255 from their
peers and not to announce it to their peers?

I believe Paul Vixie is having a BOF at NANOG to discuss best practices
between ISPs.  And now that I don't operate a network, I've thought
about publishing my full peering agreement as a template.