Re: Using unallocated address space - for DoS?

  • From: Miguel A.L. Paraz
  • Date: Wed Feb 14 08:59:19 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 09:47:15PM -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:
> Unfortunately this is not a unique occurance.  Cable&Wireless, Sprint,
> AT&T and UUNET have all had portions of their service knocked off the
> Internet for various periods of time due to bogus announcements.  Until
> other ISPs fix their policies, I can knock your network off most of the
> Internet, and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

I hope this is a remote possibility, but what are the chances of someone
malicious breaking into the "right" router and blackholing the worst possible
networks?  If this is done, how long till it can be remedied?

--

http://www.internet.org.ph		The Philippine Internet Resource
Mobile Voice/Messaging: 		+63-917-810-9728