Re: Using unallocated address space

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Tue Feb 13 12:14:05 2001

You can configure the BGP feed to set next hop to an unused interface or
null0 or (your hardware's efficient null spot). The idea of BGP feed, if I
am not mistaken, is to allow dynamic configuration/reconfiguration as
blocks are allocated to keep from having to revise hundreds of routers'
filters.

In practice, I am not sure I'd feel comfortable with it, but surely many
would use it.

Deepak Jain
AiNET