Re: BGP Question - how do work around pigheaded ISPs

  • From: Joe Provo
  • Date: Mon Feb 12 17:40:37 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 09:33:12PM -0800, Craig A. Huegen wrote:
> This is a frequent problem for those who have had address space from some
> of the older blocks and are trying to go back and better handle.
[snip]

One point you missed: without good/accurate registry data, there is no
difference between "broken announcments" and "hijacked network". That
is a strong operational reason to strictly follow the registry
allocations, rather than the weak concern about people selling off
chunks of legacy address space.

I have been aware of several times when squatted, stolen, or
misconfigured-into-others'-space has been caught by registry-minded
filters.  Specifically regarding slices of classical B-space and
not yet allocated A-space.

Cheers,

Joe

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  508.486.7471
Director, Internet Planning & Design                 Fax    508.229.2375