Re: GigE link between 6500 and GSR

  • From: Michael Kim
  • Date: Sun Feb 11 13:51:59 2001

Jesper Skriver wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 07:08:39PM +0100, Michael Kim wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> > I'm trying to bring up GigE link between 6509 and GSR.
> > This is my problem:
> > In the GigE interface on GSR says the interface is UP and line protocol
> > is UP and in the GigE interface on 6500 says "not connected".
> >
> > Anyone have been in same situation?
>
> set port neg X/Y dis

"autoneg off" is default in WS-X6516-GBIC. I'm runnig OSR6500 and
WS-X6516-GBIC.

otherwise this is what i have done :
1. rebooted whole system several time and enabled and disable interface
several time.
2. tried with 3 different fiber and 4 different GigE GBIC SM LX, tried with
other equipment without any problem.
3. tried with different GSR and 6500, tried between 6500s with same GBIC and
fiber without any problem.
4. cleaned the fiberconnectors and the receiving input power(between -3dbm to

-19 dbm) is -6.3 dbm on both side.
The GBIC I have used is WS-G5486 on both side of the GigE link and I have
also tried also with GBIC from 3Com.