Re: Source Route Bridging / Source Route Transparent / ST - TB

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Sat Feb 10 13:28:51 2001

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 10:58:53AM -0500, Wojtek Zlobicki wrote:
> Anyone have some good resources on Source Route Bridging and all its
> variations.  I would prefer vendor independent info but would be happy with
> almost anything.  I am looking for behavioral information mostly.  The way
> that the protocol behaves in different situations.

I have some brief info here:

http://condor.depaul.edu/~jkristof/2000Aut463/2000Aut463-BridgesSwitches.ppt

Other good (probably better) sources might be:

The Switch Book: The Complete Guide, Rich Seifert

Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches and Internetworking
Protocols, Radia Perlman

The old IBM redbooks or Token Ring architecture and design books
are very good for detailed technical info.  I'm just not sure if
these are readily available.

Peruse the comp.dcom.lans.token-ring archives.

John