Re: Cisco Flash help needed

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Fri Feb 09 11:39:01 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> >Anyone know if there's already something like this for NT? :)
>
> No - although now I've done the work of working out the format, I'm sure
> someone will do it.
>
> >What exactly is the purpose anyway?  Extra storage?  If so, how fast can
> >the labtop write/read to the flash?
>
> The purpose is to avoid having to use tftp to get files on/off the cisco.
> The laptop can read the cards at the same speed as the cisco.
>
> >What is the biggest size of a flash
> >anyone ever seen?
>
> The biggest I've got is 20M

the biggest I've seen from cisco is 24MB

> > I only saw 110M card before.
>
> I think you get up into the PCMCIA hard drives at those capacities.

the biggest ata-flash cards (type II pcmcia) are around 800MB right now

http://www.simpletech.com/flash/ata.html

> >While we are on the subject, is there way to look at the source code of the
> >cisco ios?
>
> Yes - go work for Cisco ;)
>
> Simon

Joel Jaeggli				       [email protected]
Academic User Services			     [email protected]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.