Re: Social responsibility (censorship?) on NANOG?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Feb 08 11:57:10 2001

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Susan Harris wrote:

> John, your forwarded message went to nanog-post, not to the NANOG list.
> nanog-post is simply the list of people who are subscribed (allowed) to
> send to the NANOG list, and therefore nanog-post doesn't go anywhere.
>
> People that are on the NANOG list also have to belong to the nanog-post
> list if they want to send messages to the nanog list.  This is explained
> on the web:
>
> 	http://www.nanog.org/email.html
>
> See section 2.
>
> Susan Harris, Ph.D.
> Merit Network/Univ. of Mich.

Susan,

The only way my message was going to nanog-post is if the MTA there
at MERIT is mutating them on their way in.

Here is what has been sent out.

ATTEMPT #1:
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:12:42 -0500 (EST)
From: John Fraizer <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
cc: [email protected], [email protected]
bcc: [email protected]
Subject: WCOM SPAM!!! : Lower Cost T-1/ T-3 lines from WorldCom/UUNET for
 ISP's.

ATTEMPT #2:
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:41:53 -0500 (EST)
From: John Fraizer <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
 ISP's.

(Unsubscribed from NANOG and NANOG-POST, resubscribed with
[email protected])

ATTEMPT #3: