Re: Preferential notice of new versions

  • From: Jeffrey Meltzer
  • Date: Sun Feb 04 02:28:25 2001

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 10:00:51PM -0800, Joe Rhett typed:
> Sure they do! Try reading the website once or twice. Then you can take your
> foot out of your mouth.

Um, Do you have a URL?

I belive this whole thing started by Paul Vixie stating that ISC will
issue first reporting of issues to OS Vendors and Root Nameservers.
Neither category do you, or I, fall under.

Yes, on the ISC's website it does state that Nominum, Inc. will support
bind.  Great. So will I.  Not nearly the same as what Vixie is now
offering to OS Vendors and Root Nameservers.

Is ISC stating that Nominum, Inc. customers will receive up to the minute
security updates?  IE, is Nominum to ISC-Bind what sendmail.com, inc. is
to The Sendmail Consortium?  If so, OK.  But, I'm taking it as Nominum
offers support services, similar to what Harker Systems, and others, does
for sendmail.

--
Jeffrey Meltzer
Sr. Network Administrator