Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

  • From: Joe Rhett
  • Date: Sat Feb 03 21:28:30 2001

> I'm confused.  I get the TLD server operators part.  But you're saying
> that you'd only give OS vendors access to this information.  How long does
> it take, say, Sun, to issue a patch update?  Wouldn't it be much more
> efficient, and useful, to issue the information directly to the people
> using the software?  How many people actually use the default vendor
> binaries anyways?

Just about every very large company that I've ever worked with. Also,
having spent numerous years working the NAVSEA and other Pentagon systems,
you are explicitly not permitted to install anything other than a
vendor-provided patch.

My god, are there really this many idiots out there that don't grasp how
the world works?

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
[email protected]                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/