Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

  • From: Bill Fumerola
  • Date: Sat Feb 03 20:26:37 2001

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 02:37:10PM -0800, [email protected] wrote:

> The category "OS vendors" gets a little fishy... Do Linus Torvalds and
> Alan Cox get on the list if they sign the NDA?  How about Patrick
> Volkerding?  Someone like Microsoft or Sun obviously qualifies, but with
> respect to Open Source OSes, fact is *everyone* is an OS vendor at some
> level.

Most open source OS projects have a defined leadership and possibly a security
team or a security officer, so determining who qualifies should be a simple
enough task.

I offer my condolences to whoever at ISC has to determine which of the seven
billion Linux distros they consider large enough to warrant membership.

--
Bill Fumerola / [email protected]