RE: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Sat Feb 03 19:04:40 2001

Disclaimer: I'm not a registrar myself, but I thought that GTLD registrars
sent everything to the NSI registry, and NSI still maintained the actual
zone files on the GTLD servers.

If this is correct, I would argue that they don't provide DNS in any way
(except to their internal machines); certainly, they're not part of critical
infrastructure (whereas *.gtld-servers.net, the contents of which they
contribute to, certainly are).

Therefore, they'd have less need to know about BIND security bugs than a
commercial DNS provider, or a non-profit DNS provider like us.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
[email protected]