Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

  • From: Paul A Vixie
  • Date: Sat Feb 03 16:00:48 2001

> I'm a bit confused.  ...

Yes.

> Will the ISC implement similar policies with its INN and DHCP software
> in the foreseeable future, or is this something unique to BIND?

I don't see INN or DHCP as critical to the internet's infrastructure, so, no.

> CERT has NEVER been the source of early warnings. By the time they release
> information it has already been dissimenated in a variety of other forums.

Nevertheless CERT is the mechanism ISC has always used to get critical bug
notifications out to the industry, and there are no plans to change that.  If
you think CERT's methods are unsuitable, please take it up with them directly.