Re: More 6509 problems...

  • From: Rodney Dunn
  • Date: Sat Feb 03 10:22:35 2001

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 04:23:40PM -0800, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 06:21:48PM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> >
> > Danny,
> >
> > The interface status should be independent of
> > the swithcing path.  I've never seen the line
> > state be affected by the switching mechanism
> > (although I have seen the opposite).
> >
> > Can you email me the case# you had so I can take
> > a look?
>
> I have, because the line state can be controlled by the keepalive.
> If the keepalive don't get through because of the switching path .....

Typically we refer to fast, optimum, autonomous, cef as switching
paths through the box.  Keepalives are generated at process level
(yeah..I can see the argument that process level switching is
a valid switching path but definitely not the fastest).

This problem was not a *direct* result of the switching path preventing
the keeaplive from being switched to the wire.  As Danny stated,
it was an issue with the flexwan not being able to communicate with
the MSFC.