Re: Vixie doing his part to make people upgrade (was:Re: Reasonswhy BIND isn't being upgraded)

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sat Feb 03 09:56:42 2001

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Especially considering above.net:s adament stand on ORBS and their
> scanning.
>
> Massive irony?

Nah, I don't think so. RoadRunner's security czar has said repeatedly
said that RR scans its customers for security holes. I don't see a problem
with that either.

Scanning the networks you are responsible for is one thing. Scanning an
outside network, and not stopping when asked to stop on top of that, is
another thing altogether.

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net