Re: Scalable Mail solution with NAS

  • From: Mike Johnson
  • Date: Thu Feb 01 10:08:10 2001

Muljawan Hendrianto [[email protected]] wrote:

> What about using clustered servers with SAN, I think this is also possible.
> For example Legato has a cluster product which can also support SAN.

Because SANs become a pain when you want to implement shared storage
(ie, one central mailspool mounted by muliple systems).  Certainly,
it's doable, but you have to have software running on all the systems
to deal with concurrent access.  I've yet to find a version of
this software that runs on Linux (or any other Open Sourceish OS),
so it's not even a consideration for me.

> Is there any security consideration not to use NAS which is based on NFS ?

Well, you just need to be careful.  NFS security is resonably well
understood.

Mike
--
Mike Johnson