Re: Stream2

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Wed Jan 31 10:48:54 2001

Guys, there is no way this group is going to resolve this huge difference
of opinion in the industry in this occurance of the thread, any more than
we did the last 53 times it occurred here, or the thousands of other
times it's been fought across the 'net.

The fact that it started out with the childish insults in the SECOND
email in the entire thread should be ample proof of that.

There is a huge segment of the industry that thinks publishing exploits is
a bad thing, which will result in people getting hurt.  This segment
includes some of the best and brightest in our ranks, and they use
well-reasoned logical arguments to prove their case.

There is a huge segment of the industry that thinks that publishing
exploits is a good thing, which will result in problems that have lingered
for years getting fixed.  This segment includes some of the best and
brightest in our ranks, and they use well-reasoned logical arguments to
prove their case.

So can we just shut the eff up about the whole argument and go on with
our lives, please?  Go argue about this over in Bugtraq or something.