Re: Hanging SMTP sessions...

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 15:24:13 2001

In article <[email protected]> you wrote:

One problem we've seen is with mail servers which want ident, and
remote sites which firewall ident - but by silently swallowing the
SYNs instead of sending RSTs.

FYI,

Avi

: Hi all,

:    anyone come across stuff like this?  We are runing qmail 1.03, and i'm seeing
: some  strange things.   I have a number of SMTP sessions which just hang, and
: then time out.  No mail is actually accepted from these sessions...

: load is 0.00, so the processes are just hanging around for no reason...
: and it's always the same sources...