Anyone using Cingular wireless? (IXO/TAP number request)

  • From: Alan Clegg
  • Date: Fri Jan 26 08:35:25 2001

I've recently moved to Cingular Wireless (formerly BellSouth Mobility DCS
in this area) for "all of my wireless communication needs".

They are, however, unable to offer me information regarding an IXO (or TAP)
number that I can use to send text pages from a "regular old modem".  I've
used qpage and hylafax previously (with another paging company), and would
REALLY like to get this working (since GMS works amazingly well down in the
RF hole where I live).

If anyone has contacts with Cingular, or knows where I might find more info
(I've done web-searches, and the best I've come up with at this point is
http://www.qpage.org/phone-numbers.html which does not list BellSouth DCS
*OR* Cingular [but does list some of the other companies that are now
part of the "Cingular family"]), please let me know.

If it matters, it would be for a phone based out of the "Chapel Hill"
dialing area of Central/Eastern North Carolina.

Thanks,
AlanC {stomping on the boundaries of wireless connectivity}
--
Alan B. Clegg						[email protected]
Member of Technical Staff				http://www.bsdi.com