RE: Great job AT&T (re: Microsoft problems)

  • From: Chris Davis
  • Date: Wed Jan 24 18:55:35 2001

If you need access to Microsoft sites, try adding 24.88.1.66 to your DNS
search list in your TCP/IP properties.  That's an AT&T Broadband DNS server.
Their DNS servers are having fairly good luck with Microsoft sites.

I can get http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US

and http://lc7.law5.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/login this way.

Before I added 24.88.1.66 to my DNS search list, I couldn't get anything
useful.