Re: Name server problems? or did Microsoft forget to pay their billagain?

  • From: ken harris.
  • Date: Wed Jan 24 11:51:28 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> The database that includes this information is called a DNS Table. On
> Saturday, MyDomain.com accidentally released a DNS table to the world
> that was full of errors, Lau said. The mistakes meant a small fraction of
> Web surfers trying to visit Yahoo.com were instead sent to an IP address
> inside MyDomains.com.
>
> Reminds me of Eugene Kashpureff...

hardly.

the issue with mydomain.com is that certain *nix's have
it listed in /etc/resolv.conf (or the specific equivalent)
as an example although it's commented out. your joe-intelligent
administrator apparently decided to uncomment it.

to my knowledge, mydomain.com didn't do anything illegal,
where as eugene decided to get zerocool.

actually, i find it slightly funny.

-ken harris
 toronto, canada