Re: Labeling and naming

  • From: Ian MacKinnon
  • Date: Wed Jan 24 10:18:18 2001

We try and use poplocation-routerfunction-number

At 02:20 PM 24/01/2001, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

For a project I am currently working on I stumbled upon the following.
What is the best way to lable and name equipment? Although this applies to
all equipment such as SDH ADMs, IP, ATM etc I realised that it seems to be
hardest to find a sensible convention for IP equipment. Preferably I would
like to find a convention that fits all, but I guess that is utopia.

So, since list contains, PTTs, Telcos, ISPs and wannabees is there any
good common scheme or pointers to something useful?

- kurtis -
--
Ian MacKinnon [email protected]
Telia UK Ltd