Tricky BGP into IGP Question

  • From: Tim Wolfe
  • Date: Tue Jan 23 18:26:28 2001

What is the preferred way to get transit customers routing information into
your IGP so that BGP will announce the route to it's neighbors.

1===2a===2b====3

    4

1 is the customer, announcing to 2a, who propogates 1's route to 2b and to
4.  2b will not announce the route to 3 as it doesn't have a route in it's
routing table for 1's route.  I was thinking about redistributing bgp into
my igp using a route-map based on as-path filter, but that seems somewhat
kludgy.  What are you all doing to accomplish this or am I just missing
something here?

Thanks,

--Tim

      Timothy M. Wolfe  CCNA, NSA
 Sr. Security Engineer  [email protected]
   InfoGroup Northwest  541.485.0957 x108