Re: clue for the clueless please

  • From: Ryan O'Connell
  • Date: Tue Jan 23 07:10:14 2001

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:36:33AM -0000, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> The problem is the redirection from authentication -> mailbox. It just
> hangs. Tested with multiple browsers (lynx included ;) and all the same.

What does telnet to port 80 reveal?

If you can get short queries back (E.g. HEAD / HTTP1/0) but not longer
queries it sounds like a PMTUD problem. Does the new customer have Frame
Relay or any other links with MTUs less than 1500?

Windows sets the DF bit on outbound packets, and I believe Microsoft
filter PMTUD ICMP packets.

--
Ryan O'Connell - <[email protected]> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time