Re: Inter-provider communications (Re: nobody @home)

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sun Jan 21 13:22:23 2001

Sean Donelan wrote:

> I can bring the idea out of mothballs again, if folks are interested.

I'd love to have access to the info. The question becomes how widely you
want to distribute the list. At one end of the spectrum is a list shared
only by Tier-1's and perhaps the admins at the largest of the smaller ISPs
and NSPs. At the other end is Jared Mauch's publically-accessible list.

Another thought - I don't advocate lots of government involvement in the
Internet arena, but perhaps it's time that our Congresscritters demanded
that these big companies talk to each other. Those big guys want us to think
that Internet transit is as reliable as dialtone.[0] It won't be as long as
they continue to make it difficult to stop attacks...

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net