Re: nobody @home

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Sat Jan 20 18:18:07 2001

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Basil Kruglov wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 02:10:18PM -0500, Jim Mercer wrote:
> > i've always found the list at http://puck.nether.net/netops/nocs.cgi to be
> > most helpful, including reaching [email protected]
> Only when it comes to routing issues/problems, not security -
> "[d]DoS-in-progress" issues. :|
> 90% of those "NOCs" are help desk phone numbers, and it takes at least
> good 30-60min+ to get to the real NOC/people, if ever.

Youre lucky. Ive noticed an increasing trend that the NOC phone numbers
listed on corporate web pages come back as disconnected/RNA, and the
emails bounce "no such user". Real cute, especially when you're being
ddos'd.

whois data is even worse. I suspect upwards of 25% of whois contact data
is worthless.

-Dan