Re: Announcement: RIPE Whois Database Version 3.0beta2 released

  • From: Nipper, Arnold
  • Date: Fri Jan 19 09:10:25 2001
  • >received: from notebook.nipper.de (unknown [192.168.144.1])by gateway.nipper.de (Postfix) with SMTPid E1A0C1F094; Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:11:41 +0100 (CET)

rpsl.ripe.net doesn't seem to exist ...

whois -h whois rpsl.ripe.net Daniele Arena
whois: whois: Unknown host: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Let's have a look ...

;; ANSWER SECTION:
rpsl.ripe.net.          1d23h59m55s IN CNAME  reimp.ripe.net.
reimp.ripe.net.         1d23h59m55s IN CNAME  orange.ripe.net.
orange.ripe.net.        1d23h59m55s IN A  193.0.1.239

Yeah, don't do that. Don't use CNAME to CNAME. Pls fix,

Arnold