Re: Forcasts, why won't anyone believe them?

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Wed Jan 17 11:30:26 2001

[email protected] wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:54:40 PST, Peter Bierman <[email protected]>  said:
> > Since I'm plugging the Mac, I might as well also point out that the latest
> > 773MHz G4s use 17 Watts max load. I'm often dissapointed that Apple doesn't
> > do more to tout the energy efficiency of their hardware.
>
> Hmm.. 17 watts.  Of course, that's just the CPU, but I just noticed that

The CPU chips on the previous G4s use only about 4 or 5 watts (I suspect
it hasn't changed much).
It's a lot less than a P3 because it's RISC vs CISC chips.

> where I'm working right now is primarily lit by 2 22-watt flourescent lights..
>
> So.. How many of you kill the flourescents in your back-office cubicle
> farms during a California-style power crunch? ;)
>
> For that matter - send the  cubicle critters home.  You ever *looked* at
> how many watts the average human body outputs? ;)
>
>                                 Valdis Kletnieks
>                                 Operating Systems Analyst
>                                 Virginia Tech

Most people I know don't power their bodies from a wall socket...

Of course, people that spec A/C do indeed take into account the heat
generated by the occupants.

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 201
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : [email protected]     http://www.on-the-i.com