Re: Forcasts, why won't anyone believe them?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Jan 17 03:35:58 2001

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:54:40 PST, Peter Bierman <[email protected]>  said:
> Since I'm plugging the Mac, I might as well also point out that the latest
> 773MHz G4s use 17 Watts max load. I'm often dissapointed that Apple doesn't
> do more to tout the energy efficiency of their hardware.

Hmm.. 17 watts.  Of course, that's just the CPU, but I just noticed that
where I'm working right now is primarily lit by 2 22-watt flourescent lights..

So.. How many of you kill the flourescents in your back-office cubicle
farms during a California-style power crunch? ;)

For that matter - send the  cubicle critters home.  You ever *looked* at
how many watts the average human body outputs? ;)

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech