RE: IPSectarianism

  • From: Steve Riley (MCS)
  • Date: Wed Jan 17 01:24:56 2001

A while back, Cox @Home made it very clear that the use of VPN protocols is
prohibited. AT&T @Home (my provider) hasn't made any similar statements, so
I think it's more of a policy issue for the various cable companies than it
is for @Home themselves.

Of course, there's always httptunnel. Stick your IPSec/PPTP/L2TP traffic
inside good old http and you'll get anywhere you need to go...

Steve Riley
Microsoft Communications Consulting in Denver, Colorado
    [email protected]
    +1 303 521-4129 (OLD mobile)
    www.microsoft.com/isn/
Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in
the correct screw.